- Presently Chairman & Managing Director of Naval Group in India .
- Prior to this, he was Chairman & Managing Director of Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Limited (MDL), Mumbai from 2012 to 2016.
(MDL is the biggest shipyard in the country, employing over 10000 workforce. It is the only shipyard in the country, which can construct submarines and destroyers).
- Served in Indian Navy for 36 years. Held several prestigious appointments including Admiral Superintendent of Naval Dockyard, Mumbai (employing over 12,000 people) and Director General WESEE.
- M Tech from IIT, Delhi, B Tech from IIT, Roorkee.
- School Education at Govt. Schools in Western U.P./Uttarakhand.
Achievements at Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Limited: The company saw exceptional and unprecedented growth and a complete turn-around during the tenure as follows:-
- Brought up production from Rs.2,291 Crore to highest ever Rs.4,122 Crore within a period of 3 years (2012-13 to 2015-16).
- Increase in “Profit After Tax” (PAT) from Rs.397 Crore to highest ever Rs.630 Crore within two years (2013-14 to 2015-16).
- Increased dividend from 50% of paid up capital (Rs.100 Crore) to 100% (Rs.200 Crore).
- Completed following very major projects:-
- Three principal warships, INS Kolkata, INS Kochi & INS Chennai were delivered, costing over Rs.10,000 Crore. “INS Kolkata” was commissioned by Hon’ble Prime Minister.
- Delivered an advanced Stealth Frigate, INS Sahyadri, costing Rs.2,200 Crore.
- Revived Submarine Project P-75 (costing Rs.30,000 Crore), resulting in launch of first two boats Kalvari & Khanderi. Kalvari is already doing the sea trials and will be delivered by early 2017.
- Concluded a contract for construction of 4 warships at a cost of Rs.25,000 Crore.
- Major modernisation of infrastructure was completed, costing over Rs.800 Crore. This has increased capacity as well as capability of the shipyard.
- Undertook a total revamping of the shipyard. Today, it looks modern, neat and clean. Old employees, when they visit, are surprised to see a completely different shipyard.
- “Indigenisation” drive was given a totally new impetus. A new Department of Indigenisation was created. Items worth Rs.300 Crore have already been indigenized. MSEs have been given a focused attention.
- Several new clauses have been introduced in the procurement manual to give preference to indigenous products over imported ones.
- Areas of Strength:
- High moral values
- Can lead a team to produce results.
- E-mail: email@example.com