An entrepreneur & innovator with more than three decades of cross-function/cross-industry experience (20 years as a first-generation entrepreneur), Anjan has co-authored a seminal technical book and has one granted and five pending patents. Presently, he is the founder of Taraltec Solutions Pvt Ltd(www.taraltec.com), an innovative fluid technology-based startup, a pure science R & D centric company.
A short film: http://bit.ly/2DesH8M
Previously he was Co-founder and managing director of HyCa Technologies Pvt Ltd (www.hycator.com); Director, Proact Research & Consultancy Pvt Ltd; India rep, UNITOR (Norwegian MNC); Branch Sales Manager, (PPD), ITC Ltd; Chief engineer with foreign merchant ships and marine engineer with Great Eastern Shipping.
Awards and Honours:
- He was selected for Leaders in Innovation Fellowship Programme, Royal Academy of Engineering(UK), 2018
- He was Winner, India Innovation Growth Program 2.0, organized by DST, Govt of India, Lockheed Martin & Tata Trusts, 2017
- Was part of the Hon Prime Ministers trip to Israel where our home grown technology of Water disinfection was showcased, 2017
- National winner of the global cleantech competition(GCIP) organized by UNIDO, MSME, Govt of India, 2014
- Gold medal at DST, Govt of India – Lockheed Martin innovation award, 2012
- National award for the most innovative water saving product from Govt of India/CII at the National Water Conclave, Jaipur, 2011
- FE-EVI Green Technology Honoree from the hands of Hon Dr APJ Abdul Kalam on World Environment Day, 2011
- Awarded the ET: NOW/Bajaj Hindustan “leap of faith” green entrepreneur of the year for 2010
- Has been an invited speaker on pure science led technology innovation at various forums
Anjan was with SITARA from its inception as the High-Tech Defence Innovation Forum. He has an illustrious educational background, with a PGDM (MBA, IIM Bangalore), C Eng, DMET, First Class Cert of Competency (M), Govt. of India, FIMarE. He pursued B.Tech at IIT Bombay, (opted out after two years).